Menu
dsingleton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

lag spikes in the last week

I have been tracking an issue mainly in the last week, with lag spikes to SWTOR. I play often on the West Coast servers so I expect some ping issues from time to time, but in the last week I have seen spikes between 4000-12000ms much higher than my typical 150-250ms range, and making the game very difficult to play at times.

Ive run ping plotter for my last session and the issue seems to be with one of VMs servers, it shows around 60% packet loss. See the entry for 62.254.42.110 brhm-bb-1c-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net.

159.153.68.252.png

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?

Tags (2)
adambunion
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: lag spikes in the last week

Have you ran a thinkbroadband monitor to see if it's general packet loss and not exclusive to game servers? You might just be noticing the packet loss on that game as it's what you are doing when the loss occurs.

I've had (and am still having) similar problems. Does the problem seem to happen around peak times or is it constant? 

From my previous experience here, the guys will probably want to know:

Are you using wifi or ethernet

Does it still happen in Modem mode and router mode?

You might have to post a trace route for both as thats what i have to do. 

0 Kudos
aurimasju
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem man for ages, and i'm still coming to this forum with a hope to find some helpful info with these pings. No matter what daytime is, mine jumps from 40 to 700 to German servers. It's impossible to browse any website. I'm not even talking about playing games like dota or csgo.. Smiley Sad Hopeless
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dsingleton,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've been getting ping spikes to SWTOR. 

I've checked your connection from here and can see no issues with your connection.

That server is part of our core network and is very busy and treats ping requests as a very low priority which may account for the packet loss on your graph.

It would be useful to run a BQM graph as Adambunion has suggest and post it here for us to take a look at.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos