Menu
skoosh87
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lag spikes in game

hey was wondering if anyone could help. got virgin in 200mb and think i have hub 3.0 everything was great until sat night when suddenly i keep getting lag spikes every 4/5 mins. they only last couple of secs so dont get disconnected but messing up online play. im on xbox one and sometimes when in party it says im 'connecting' then put back in. phoned up virgin but getting nowhere with indian call centers. someone please help......
0 Kudos
TheMacbeth
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: lag spikes in game

Have been having the same issue for over a week now and not a single person in Virgin (after speaking with 7!!!) knows how to help me...it's infuriating!!

0 Kudos
mbozaritchie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Guys, would you happen to be in the Ayrshire area at all?  There is a fairly lengthy thread on the very subject that you are reporting.  Even if you arent in that area its worthwhile having a look at the thread "Dreadful Packet Loss...." for pointers on getting some monitoring up and running that you can use to beat VM over the head with.

0 Kudos
TheMacbeth
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes Ayrshire mate. I've read it makes for some interesting points.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there skoosh87,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing lag spikes whilst gaming.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine.

Is your Xbox One connected through wireless or wired?

Does this happen on all games or just certain ones?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
raverbhoy
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the exact same probllem over wireless connection on my xbox one, Seems to be getting alot worse lately. I've tried both 2.4 ghz & 5ghz bands , My wireless signal to xbox is 93% so pretty strong that way but still spikes happen all the time.

Theres no way i can run an ethernet cable to where my xbox is but the wireless should be fine if it wasn't for these spikes that make your game go mental for a few seconds. 

I'm in Paisley, Scotland btw.

0 Kudos