Menu
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lag on counter strike:global offensive

i keep getting rubberbanding on cs:go, my speeds and everything are fine, pingmonitor shows no sign of packet loss, but this isnt happening to anyone else i play with, anyone else getting this problem? tried using a seperate router and made no difference.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
swanne98
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: lag on counter strike:global offensive

Same thing happens to me, unfortunately i dont pay for my broadband as my dad does and i got him to phone them today, they run their tests old us its all running fine and said theres nothing else they can do. Its a joke and it needs sorting. pingtest says that i have 91ms ping and 75ms jitter. Any Help? 

0 Kudos
j4m32
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Best you can attempt to do is enable some QoS features on your PC/Laptop network card or on the router itself to prioritise latency sensitive traffic over HTTP to mitigate large fluctuation, maybe even absolute IP priority if that proves too much for either your machine/the router.

In general, avoid WiFi like the plague, LAN power line plugs are not too bad but nothing beats a CAT-6E LAN lead direct in to the router.

Even then, you will be hard pushed to get a good route to most Valve dedicated boxes for casual because most of the routes go via Telia or Cogent on Virgin Media as well as many BT Openreach resale shop fronts.

The best you can hope for is a dead period where you do not get thrown on a server based in a Siberian snow factory. Annoyingly, my pings sometimes better on my 3rd rate BT line made of bean cans, but the bandwidth was so poor I could not do any teleworking or stream anything properly. As ever The Man gets you down.

Only other setting you can change is your match making ping limit, I set that as low as it will allow: 50ms. Which is an aspirational ping given how pathetic all of the routes out of the UK are.

Regards,

Jim Shorter

0 Kudos
swanne98
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes im directly wired with a cat 6 cable, used the command mm_dedicated_max_search_ping 50 and still connect to servers with 100+ ping but on the et graph it shows 49ms. ive also tried playing on a family members internet (bt infinity) and it worked fine even with a cat 5 cable, does this mean its my internet or the area in which I live that could affect this? Any ideas what it could be?

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a BT infinity line also and its fine, doesn't matter if I play on a low ping server, I get rubber banding on this vm connection and it's only been recently, my area has no congestion and a wired connection actually doesn't make a slight difference.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
swanne98
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So virgin media is the problem, if it works fine on bt infinity connection but when you switch to vm it rubber bands and ping shoots up its on virgin's end.

Thanks For The Help Much Appreciated 

0 Kudos