Menu
Martyn3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

lag issues

I have posted on here a couple of times with the high ping/lag issues i have when playing call of duty advanced warfare, but these issues have never been properly resolved. I have spoke to the support team on the phones and had engineers out both to tell me there is nothing wrong. I was then told it might be because of the high utilization in the area and this would be fixed by august 26th (Ref f003350938). I play on PS4 and am on a wired connection, i'm also on the 152mb package (haven't got close to them speeds for a while). 

This is a continued issue which is very frustrating while trying to play call of duty tournaments which i either lag about or get lagged out the game.

I just did a pingtest and got 88ping/59 Jitter which shows theres a problem, i did it again to see if it was just a 1 off and got 93 ping/45jitter. 

If this problem continues to happen then im gunna have no choice but to switch provider

Hiron
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: lag issues

I'm having the same issues while playing destiny
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martyn3,

Thanks for posting, though sorry to hear of the ongoing gaming lag problems, very frustrating I know.

I've run a few checks on your service and as you mention the likely cause of the latency is going to be the high peak time load issues referenced by networks on F003350938.

Upgrade work is ongoing in relation to this, with the current estimated fix time for late October.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Martyn3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand there is upgrade work going on to try and fix the issue, but the most frustrating thing is i've been told 4 different dates since May that this will be fixed. Therefore that means since May i have been paying for a service i haven't been receiving at peak times, which isn't good enough!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martyn3,

I can understand your frustration but the dates given are always estimates and are review dates, not fix dates. The difference being that work is carried out and we check back on each review date to see what difference the most recent work has made. Sometimes we'll find that the work has alleviated the load but not enough so more needs to be done. 

I hope this helps explain a little. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos