Menu
shoeshopboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ive had it...

honsetly... whenever I try and play my games (CS:GO, Minecraft) I will constantly have the most terrible ping.

I play a server on minecraft based in Paris and I get around about 300 ms to there and that would only be  on a lucky day... also, I ran a speedtest, my dl speed and upload are fine. But my ping to 10ms to the closest server for some reason... I would be expecting around 4ms or 5ms. But whenever I play any of my games, I will always have the worst ms lag even if the server is right near me. Thanks virgin media.... Btw, you customer service is horrible. we phoned them up in september and then we have to wait until new years, we called it off because we knew it would be a load of rubbish. Once again... Thanks!!!!!!

shoeshopboy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: ive had it...

getting 12ms to a server in my town......
0 Kudos
shoeshopboy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your expecting under 10ms pings you are going to be dissapointed.

Post a couple more traceroutes- on to google, one to bbc.co.uk and one to a server you are having issues with.

0 Kudos
shoeshopboy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kippies.

My son posted this particular message up. His frustration got the better of him.

I have been posting here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Really-poor-pings-to-EU-and-US-Minecraft-Servers/...

about our problems, and as you pointed out, using evidence with other websites...and I know 10ms or below is a unobtainable Smiley Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LMAO, as a father of 3 Gamers I completely understand..

Ive had a quick look, looks like Jens on the case which means if its possible to resolve it will be but Ill see if there's owt else I can add (doubtful but ill try) I will..