Menu
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

internet problems

Hi, is somebody able to help me to figure out whats wrong with my broadband?
every game im playing im expericing latency whether its call of duty, madden or fifa.
Also when watching streams on twitch or mlg it seems fine but regulary the stream goes very blurry then back to fine this happens alot.
At first i thought it was other people hogging my bandwidth but this happens when its just me using the internet.
Black ops 3 is released on friday ive been waiting months for this game and cant wait to play it at night after work with friends but i just know that before ive even played it that my experience is going to be ruined as i suffer with lag in every cod and other games.

i dont know whats causing this issue(over a year now) whether its my isp, the games matchmaking/servers, xbox live or my superhub 2 i dont know.
ive tried portforwarding, turned firewall off, put xbox in dmz, changed mtu setting nothing works.
This issue is causing me alot of stress and frustration.
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet problems

Also has there been any broadband fault tonight?
Ive not been able to sign into xbox live and it takes forever to load a single web page.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee2,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with Cod.

I've tried to check your connection but your hub is currently offline. I did check the network segment and there are no issues there at least. 

Do you only get these issues while streaming and gaming at the same time or does it happen regardless?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It happens regardless.
i may found the cause of the layency.
in black ops 3 there is a connection monitor that you can use to test ping and packet loss during the game and my ping fluctates from 50ms to 60ms and up to 80ms and keeps switching between these.
This might explain how my connection is fine one minute then unplayable the next.
Is it normal for ping to do this or could this be the cause? Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Lee2 wrote:
It happens regardless.
i may found the cause of the layency.
in black ops 3 there is a connection monitor that you can use to test ping and packet loss during the game and my ping fluctates from 50ms to 60ms and up to 80ms and keeps switching between these.
This might explain how my connection is fine one minute then unplayable the next.
Is it normal for ping to do this or could this be the cause? Smiley Very Happy

Have you tried testing your speed on speedtest.net at various intervals during the day?

Have you checked your Latency and Jitter?

If you are using just one XBOX 360 then check the NAT is set to OPEN, not RESTRICTED or STRICT. The same applies to the XBOX ONE.

Both XBOX's use different ports in either case. We have two XBOX ONE's running Black Op's 4, both are on open, but in order to do that, we had to buy a router that is XBOX ONE compatible.
Which modem/router are you using?

0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

My nat is open and im using superhub 2 wired
0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Lee2 wrote:
My nat is open and im using superhub 2 wired

Have you got a computer connected to the SH2?

Try a Ping or Tracert from the command prompt, just to see if there are any packet drops or slow connections anywhere between you and the servers.

0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Well the fact that no member of the forum are responding tells me that they know that there broadband/superhub is not good enough for online gaming but rather then just admit it theyll get us to do all this troubleshotting which gets us nowhere.

ive already done traceroutes and the results are all normal. Anyone know any cod servers that i
can traceroute?
at the minute im seriously considering leaving and going to bt. My connection is really not good enough. Virgin are the fastest but not the best
0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Lee2 wrote:
Well the fact that no member of the forum are responding tells me that they know that there broadband/superhub is not good enough for online gaming but rather then just admit it theyll get us to do all this troubleshotting which gets us nowhere.

ive already done traceroutes and the results are all normal. Anyone know any cod servers that i
can traceroute?
at the minute im seriously considering leaving and going to bt. My connection is really not good enough. Virgin are the fastest but not the best

Believe me, I took out a contract with BT and the speed is terrible in comparison with Virginmedia. As for gaming we had worse problems with BT than Virginmedia, you only have to check the forums of BT and Sky to see gamers are having similar problems.

My eldest son is with BT, and finds it terrible - he lives in the next town to us. Whenever, there is any updates or downloads he brings his XBOX down to our house to update or download a game, because we are on 200Mb with Virgin, but you also have to consider Microsoft has downloading capped at certain speeds, otherwise it would be just mayhem.

If you are not happy with it, call Tech Support, it's quicker - a moderator on here can take upto a week to reply. On Twitter it is very quick, what you don't want is to call them and they send out an Engineer who finds nothing, because they charge you £25.

I raised a thread today on here, but that was to do with webspace and I'm not in any hurry for an answer.

Here's my current 200Mb download............ 71Mb!! Looks like I need to reboot the SH2ac Again!!! Smiley Indifferent

I done this test on the London server at http://pcpitstop.com/internet/bw.asp

Regards,

0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Okay, clearly something is wrong here. Played 2 games of cod connection was fine then the next game im skipping all the time so decided to a speed test my download speed was down at 1.99mbs with packet loss
0 Kudos