Menu
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

huge lag/high pings and bad internet speed

Virgin Media you are so bad, for about a  month constantly i have had constantly bad ping on gaming and terrible internet speed, iI pay for like 70 MBPS but what am i paying for, the speed is terrible and everything about it, if this doesn't fix itself soon then I'm leaving Virgin Media for the terrible support, I have called Customer Services many times and they do nothing but just hang up after an hour conversation just fix your services if your going to guarantee high speeds all of your advertises for god sake! I'm very disappointed with this quality of service. If anyone is having similar issues and has managed to fix it please help me.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

huge lag/high pings and bad internet speed

Virgin Media you are so bad, for about a  month constantly i have had constantly bad ping on gaming and terrible internet speed, iI pay for like 70 MBPS but what am i paying for, the speed is terrible and everything about it, if this doesn't fix itself soon then I'm leaving Virgin Media for the terrible support, I have called Customer Services many times and they do nothing but just hang up after an hour conversation just fix your services if your going to guarantee high speeds all of your advertises for god sake! I'm very disappointed with this quality of service. If anyone is having similar issues and has managed to fix it please help me.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: huge lag/high pings and bad internet speed

How are you connecting to theSo we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.
superhub?

0 Kudos
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

downstream.pngupstream.pngit just continues on and on for some reasonit just continues on and on for some reason

Is this fine? 

0 Kudos
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

i have a laptop which is connected wirelessly but my computer has the same issue which is wired

0 Kudos
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to say is a superhub 2
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Everything looks okay from the power levels and logs. Can you do a wired speedtest and see what that is saying?

0 Kudos
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

speed.png

i should be getting 60+ mbps, upload speed is terrible and the ping, although it looks good, it spikes sooo much, way too often going up to 800 sometimes

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I cant see your speed test yet, waiting for a moderator to approve the image.

In the meantime, can you set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

BQM.jpg

BQM shows you latency over time so we can SEE the spikes- a speedtest is a snapshot and it could be when the ping is low and appear alright even though your latency is spiking...

0 Kudos
rayhan123
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

okay il do this and upload the results soon
0 Kudos