Menu
ps9503
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

high ping online games

i have a ping of between 157 ms/163 ms  on xbox one live no matter what game i play on  halo 5, titan fall,gears of war .i have an upload of 150 mbps and down of 10 mbps wired connection all cat 5e cables with open NAT on wired,5g and 2g and no packet loss, and im running the super hub 2 in modem only and an asus a66 router.

i know halo 5 can be a bad connection but its the same with all the other games,i have cleared my xbox rebooted everything i can think of,no other devise connected to the internet.but the ping never gets any lower than 157 ms

i have taken the asus router off and just run the super hub but still with 157 ms on open NAT,a ping test on the computer is 8 ms/16 ms,it makes no difference on wired or wifi its still 157ms/163.ms

is there anything else i can do

thanks 

0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: high ping online games

Hi, ps9503

The speed test on the xbox is pinging minecraft server in seattle in the US when you run the detailed network statistic. I would ignore the ping info

Test from my xbox and as you can see my latency is 157 ms but all my online games run fine:

2017-02-12.png  

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Where are you getting this info from as I know first hand that it is all rubbish and here is why
I have been on xbox now for some years
And the last year I'm having very high ping
And have done everything to sort it out so this week I had bt come in and hook me up with broadband and guess what
Download speed is around
Upload
Oh and wait my latancy is
Around 60ms
So if it gets tested on the line your stating then gaming would be on the same as if not that's like say I can mot your car sir but putting a different car on test Lane
And if you lived in Australia then the latancy would be even higher as there the other side of the world.
So I'm am going to ignore this last comment as having VM and now bt and bt given me a lower ping/latancy

And this is with same xbox so now answer that why I get lower ms ping on xbox with bt than VM and it testing the same server

??????????????????
0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Check link below
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution

And take a look at the what they state in the table

Also if you lived is usa you live game play would be the best so all gamers need to move to usa

Get packing all
0 Kudos