Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (135 Views)

high latency

[ Edited ]

My Broadband Ping - west wickham

router netwok log 20-04-2017.png

downstream channels 20-04-2017.png

upsteam channels 20-04-2017.png

This type of latency is persistent for months now.  Does the data I presented tell you how to fix the problem?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Hero
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by digimite
Sunday

Re: high latency

Your in router mode and as you can see a reboot fixed things but if you want it stable over a long time use modem mode with your own router.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Hero
Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by digimite
Sunday

Your in router mode and as you can see a reboot fixed things but if you want it stable over a long time use modem mode with your own router.

Forum Team
Message 3 of 4 (58 Views)

Hi digimite,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you are having an issue with your broadband connection.

In regards to the latency issue, I believe that the issue is the router itself as when you reboot the router the latency stops. For this I would like to send you a replacement router. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and address, I will arrange this for you.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (46 Views)

A reboot did fix things, the connection must be prone to degredation over time for one reason or another.  If only I could climb inside the wire and ask the electrons why they behave like that?  Not really I am just messing around.  Anyway since the reboot I have noticed that the connection is maintained 24-7.

Also, I spoke to your technical department over the phone concerning the fact that the speed of a 100Mbps connection was only fast at 36Mbps.  Through trial and error we narrowed down the bottleneck to either my powerline units or the house electrical circuit over which the powerline units transmit.  Being a house that was built in the 1950's I am inclined to believe it is the latter.  This discovery has led me to invest in a more comprehensive wireless router to replace the standard issue superhub.  I am hoping the replacement will boost the wireless transmission across the whole house, which I can then use in place of a wired connection over crumbling 1950's wiring.

0 Kudos