Menu
gamesfan90
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

games problem final fantasy 14 realm reborn ps3 log in problems need help ?

ive also had issues this week but not internet issues as web sites etc etc. but more due to the fact virgin rung to see if i wanted to upgrade to the 152 netgear router so now up from the 100mb one to this 1 everything went well till tuesday the delivery man came with it not virgin to install it i put in myself not rocket science no probs there. but the problem comes from haveing a ps3 and playing final fantasy 14 online i now cant sign in to the game the ip has changed the log in settings and i havent been able to play this game since tuesday which is 8.99 a month subscription based i rung virgin twice only to be told to port 4 ward open ports for the game. so i contacted sqaure enix and they said thats only if there is connection problems and i certinely dont need to do that thought so as i played ff 14 on my old router no probs. and still this game is not letting me sign in. virgin if u see this and can advise me further id be greatful as what would help is if i had my old ip back so then i could sign in with the same details as i had previous for final fantasy 14 realm reborn.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: games problem final fantasy 14 realm reborn ps3 log in problems need help ?

Hi gamesfan90,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to login to Final Fantasy 14 online.  Do you receive any particular error messages when trying to connect?  I'm afraid I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the game, is your login only allowed on a specific IP address?  If not, having a different IP address shouldn't make a difference.  

Port Forwarding is definitely worth trying as a precaution, you shouldn't need it but it can fix these sorts of issues if they arise.  I would recommend first of all trying the hub in modem mode with a wired connection, this will allocate a different IP address, if the problem is with the current IP address then this will help.  Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gamesfan90
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev sorry for the late reply been caught up with things. the problem was sorted i had 2 many accounts going on the same log in for ff 14 realm reborn id regestered the game but lost my game id and re regestered but it wasent picking up the new id so i got in touch with squares online chat support who had my old details and they sorted it then their end but thx for getting in touch kev most greatful its all sorted now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gamesfan90,

That's great news Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming back and letting me know it's sorted, enjoy the game!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos