Menu
emeticus
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

frequent losses of connection

I am on SuperFibre50, and my desktop computer is connected via Ethernet cable so this is njot a wifi issue. My ping to google is circa 25ms which is very good and my downloads speeds from any websites are very good unless the website itself is slow. 

However if I ping google repeatedly some of them get timed out or "general failure".

When browsing I randomly have pages that do not display until refreshed presumably because they were required at one of these short time when I am not really connected to the internet. I also have massive lag spikes when gaming, or disconnections. The problem is becoming worse if anything, I do not believe I have been continuously connected to the internet for over 5 minutes withing the last week.

(just pinged google for 5 minutes, 7 timed out)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: frequent losses of connection

Hey there emeticus,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, I appreciate the diagnostics you've done.

I've checked your Hub this evening and it looks like your power levels could do with being adjusted to bring them back within range. This will need to be done by an engineer so I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to book you in.

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos