Menu
nikos1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

fifa lag

hello, we've been experiencing lag every 30 seconds during online games whilst playing fifa 17 (it will slow for 2-3 seconds then speed up the gameplay to try catch up with where the gameplay should be). This is only a recent thing and has been happening for the last 3 weeks, it was perfect before that. I would like to know if VM released a patch for the superhub 1 that could affect the connection or if anyone has any other ideas to solve the issue.

hope my description was clear and not too confusing

many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: fifa lag

Hello nikos1985

I am sorry you are having a bit of a problem with FIFA lag, we have done no updates to the hub, in fact the connection is looking very good from here, low area traffic and good stream performance etc. Are you connected with wired or wireless as sometimes wireless may be implicated in this type of thing.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
nikos1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hey Nicola thank you for replying.  no I have not tried my connection wired but I don't see why I should as it was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago. I also see by going through the forums that many people have also only started having trouble recently.

I am unable to test a wired connection due to where the hub is.

regards

Nick

0 Kudos
MozzFan
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've had virgin broadband for 12 years and never had a problem.

Until now, these last few weeks exactly the same problem. It's become completely unplayable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there MozzFan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to learn you are also having an issue whilst playing Fifa.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy.

Can you let me know if you are connected through wireless or wired please? If wireless there could be interference within the property that may be causing an issue. Also we advise that any gaming should via wired as this will have better game play.

If you can try through wired to see if you have the same issue, that would be helpful.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos