Menu
Fuzzyrex
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

disconnecting from game

So just recently I have been getting disconnected frequently from playing my game & have found out today that its an issue with the recent firmware update and something to do with traffic shaping,killing the connection for milliseconds and I really would like some answer as to how to get this issue resolved without me having to spend money on another router?

0 Kudos
Fuzzyrex
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: disconnecting from game

so whats the chances of anyone actually answering me on here cos I'm not getting anywhere trying to reports this on the telephone

0 Kudos
Adamali
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

its useless even though the problem is virgin medias fault they will denie it
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fuzzyrex,

Apologies for the late response, it does take us 24 - 48 hours to respond to posts though it can take a little longer over the weekend.

We are currently looking into the issues raised with the SH2 firmware and online gaming and hope to be able to update you all very soon. This can take time to find the exact cause and provide a solution so we understand your frustration but appreciate your patience.

So far the best work around has been to use modem mode for the time being. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Fuzzyrex
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yeah its been in modem mode from day one & made not the slightest bit of difference
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fuzzyrex,

If modem mode hasn't alleviate it then it won't be the same as the firmware fault on SH2. Do you use a separate router or are you connected directly to the modem? Is this only happening with specific games? Do you get drops in the general connection or is it just disconnecting from the game?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos