Menu
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

daylight robbery

3 months and you have gone...just changed my router from hub 3 to hub 2 ac and the service and quality of the line is duff.no I couldn't and don't care what your problems are vm I work 40 hours a week to pay for this rubbish supposed to be 100mbps and all I'm getting is 5.75mbps this area I live in must packed out vm over subscribers.if this is the case whichit will be at least you can do is let me end the contract without a charge because you cant give me the speed. the money I pay pays you your wagers so I don't wont to be posting router stats and bqms that's why you have engineers to do this for the people that pay you wagers.fix or not you have gone 32 pound a month for this plusnet only charge me 20 quid a month

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: daylight robbery

I cant give you a definitive answer, but it looks like a VM one.

Just to give you a heads up as you have an F number relating to overutilisation, you can push to leave with no EDF's, irrelevant of your "contract end" date.

Not ideal I know, but at least you have options now...

All Replies
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

could someone from the vm staff please tell me how long i have left in this yoyo broadband contract.I was going to phone cs but the last time i phoned it took two calls and i got to different dates 2 month apart.

redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

cant use the xbox for battlefield 1 again tonight.have a brows online came across virgin care some more bad reviews

gplh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

ditto on the vivid , should be livid, 200 plan upload speed higher than download
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

yep iam livid the magic is the cables apparently from the vm advert on the radio.they done a good job of making my 100mb line disappear.started looking at other isp tonight fault codes give people false hope which can take months to repair while still taking money off you. i work allday dont need to be dealing with every night........

Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Ditch and switch

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

had a walk down the street with the wireless finder open on my phone nearly all vm signals.couple of sky, EE, couple talktalk. lucky for me have healthy choice in isp EE, TalkTalk, sky, BT, plusnet, virgin media and all offer fibre...not after speed just a solid connection 20 to 30 mbps down 1.5 to 2 upload will do nice........any one in the ng17 area have any experience with these isp

redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

was having walk through my local shopping centre today and to my horror a virgin media kiosk you never guess what they where selling.super fast fibre broadband they even had a sh3 on show.but funny enough there wasn't sign saying buy 100mb package and get 5mb instead for the same price.think next i walking through might ask them a few questions on how reliable the service is in the area.😆

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

tonight i have read through several new threads in this forum.and whole vm network isi n caos.and the people that are not having trouble seem to will be soon.but thing that beeps me off the most is the people that  vm use to help us on here are helping new people sign up like in one thread i have read will/would you be telling this potential customer that the his/her area could be suffering over utilization where a 100mbps connection actually means 1 to 5mbps at peak times not even at peak times for most people......i wont out

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hey redridinghood,

Apologies for the speed issues you're suffering at the moment. I'm afraid we're unable to advise on the length of contract remaining, I'd recommend giving our team a call on 150 (free from a VM line) or 0345 454 1111 to speak with Customer Relations about the contract.

With regards to the slow speeds, I can see there is a peak time issue in the area. Our engineers are currently working on this and are planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area. Once this work is completed you'll find that peak time speeds return to normal.

The reference for the ongoing work is F004919088 and the next review date is 17th May 2017. I'll pass your details to a colleague who'll be in touch via PM to advise you on a loss of service credit for the duration of the fault.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos