Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19 (503 Views)

constant lag ingame since joining virgin media

had virgin installed yesterday meant to be getting 200meg only getting 92 and below gaming has now become unplayable constant lag in game,I've gone from ee broadband averaging 9meg never once had lag in game,i'm on hub3 and wondering now if I made the right decision please help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 19 (477 Views)

Re: constant lag ingame since joining virgin media

welcome to super fast BroadBand... we hoe u enjoy ur stay "the magic is all in our cables, and Docsis3" Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink roflmao

i feel u bud... welcome to vermin media

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19 (456 Views)

The problem is your Superhub 3, in short its a pile of sh*te it causes constant Strict NAT type on gaming consoles and has hardware issues (not caused by Virgin Media) that is causing lag spikes, its a UK wide problem.

If you want super fast lag free broadband get onto Virgin Media's tech support by calling 150 from your Virgin phone and request a Superhub 2 AC.

Tell them they either send you a Superhub 2 AC out or come and remove their equiment due to breech of contract on the grounds of not being able to provide the advertised service.

Unfortunately until they bring out a new hub these issues won't be going away anytime soon so its currently your only choice.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19 (448 Views)

Have a look at the following thread as it will explain the problem:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latenc...

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19 (432 Views)

lucky I kept my old ee broadband gone back on that smooth gaming again,kids and wife,friends can use the virgin crap I won't be using it again only come with the tv deal so only 12 months left and i'll move on lol

Forum Team
Message 6 of 19 (391 Views)

Hello Mick71

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with slow speeds, we do have some high peak time traffic in the area however there seems to be something wrong with the line or hub as well, think it may be best to let one of our engineers take a look if you are up for it.

I will send you a forum private message arrange an appointment should you wish.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19 (384 Views)

I posted yesterday about the same thing,I cannot play PS4 online,esp Fifa17,as I have a ping of 130ms,which is ridiculous. I've bought a cat 6 ethernet cable,still no better. I tried using online chat,only to post my question then get told it wasn't available and redirected, like you do on the foreign call centres, that I won't phone anymore. Please can you look into my connection, I'm a new customer with superfibre 50.(which I've already had issues with overbilling, which I had to go instore to rectify,twice.But they can't help with technical issues apparently..) I live in the 14 area and my name is Steven Brennan.thanks,as my question post received zero replies to help.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19 (333 Views)

You get a cooling off period of 14days, I would cancel completely!

Tuning in
Message 9 of 19 (317 Views)

Gone past that timescale, unfortunately. Don't see why I should have to order older model tech either, they need to fix these hub3s **bleep**!
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19 (231 Views)

update engineer came Saturday morning told me I had a few connectors loose repaired them and guaranteed me I wouldn't have a issue again with my internet......well 5 mins after he left tried online gaming same old lag as before connection keeps dropping every 5 to 10 mins,done a few speed tests 29meg,56meg highest I got was 94meg.in all a waste of my time on Saturday will be calling virgin to come and collect their gear as its no use to me biggest regret I've made was joining virgin all hassle and nothing gets sorted

0 Kudos