Menu
adamfoxton1
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

connection Problems

Hi, 

So my problem is, ever since having Virgin installed at my new home, the two online games I play regularly have been "empty". Basically when playing Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare & The Last of Us multiplayers, It's been a challenge to find any games at all, and these are heavily populated games.

My upload & download speeds are high and NAT type set to 2, but when searching for most game modes, it says "0 suitable games found" unless I play the most populated (and boring) game modes.

All I can think is it's a security thing? And my net is being very strict with who it'll allow me in games with? I have no idea what could be causing the problem or how to change this so I can play again!

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: connection Problems

Hi adamfoxton1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting to suitable games online with both Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and The Last Of Us.  I've tested the hub and network segment for you, I don't see any problems that would explain why you're having trouble connecting to suitable games.

Would you be able to test a wired connection in modem mode please to see if that makes any difference?

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
adamfoxton1
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev,

Cheers. I've tried Modem mode as you suggested, and it changes my NAT type to open, and increases my DL/UL speeds to 44/5MB respectively, but it still fails to find any games. My connection is already wired, I never use wireless for console if possible.

I am noticing when it's searching, it's saying"Searching for suitable games" "0 found" so it may be a case of my net isn't deeming any suitable for some unknown reason.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi adamfoxton1

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying modem mode. This is a real strange one.

What console are you playing on?

Do any other games have problems finding games to join online?

Can you also try a factory reset of the hub for us and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
adamfoxton1
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm using a PS4, and having tried what you said earlier, had no luck or improvement.

Playing wirelessly, rather than with a cable, almost halved my DL speed from 35.3 to 20.1mbps but showed a slight improvement in matchmaking on the last of us.

I've yet to try Call of Duty, which was the main problem that highlighted these issues, as it has a 4.5gb update downloading which it is saying will take another 8-10 hours

0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi i to have the same problem ive even open the ports to see if that worked but doesnt 

and i use Ethernet on all them 

0 Kudos
Jack123
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to post in here: Advanced Warfare does have matchmaking issues.

There's a lot of people reporting issues with not being able to find games in online multiplayer.

That isn't related to your connection.
0 Kudos
adamfoxton1
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've tried everything the guys here have suggested, but to no avail.

As things stand I've only been finding a game 5-10% of the time, for the past 2 months now, and even then it's only ever the most popular game mode (TDM)

Surely considering the amount of people playing this it can't be a problem their end going un-fixed, I've seen numerous people streaming the game without problem, as well as many friends here who can play, I'm the only one that has this problem.

Even now the problem persists, and has since getting Virgin installed

0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

must be a problem with vm had BT was getting 50 matches coming up now on vm thinking cable was better getting 11 only port forwarded all same ports 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi adamfoxon1

Sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with your connection, do you have any other games that you play online? If so, do they connect properly?

Are you able to use other features which require internet connection on the Playstation? Like view your friends, watch videos, view the store etc?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos