Menu
Trish47
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

connecting xbox one

Im having problems connecting xbox one to wifi.  it brings up an error message of DNS is not resolving xbox server names.  Ive tried checking network status, ive tried changing network channels.  Phones and Ipad are connecting albeit signal not brilliant and intermittent.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting xbox one

Have you tried connecting the Xbox with an Ethernet cable? Or any other device via Ethernet, just to see if it is a wireless issue or an issue with your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Jnspero9
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting xbox one

I was receiving the same error message earlier this week. Not sure what the. Circumstances are in your case, but I connect wirelessly and average about 120 Mbps through the 5 ghz the router channel.

i had gone the extra mile and was sure to open all the Ports recommended for xboxone for Open NAT. Online game performed w/o fault for 3 months. And the past week I have been receiving thisDNS error message.

via trial and error, and many hard resets I found that if I turned off the single port forwards, not only did my online play resume, the NAT remains open. No guarantee that this will solve your issue. I also removed my xboxone from the "connected devices" my router already knows, and reconnected. Then hard reset on both router and Xbox.

good luck

0 Kudos