Menu
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

connected xbox to wifi now pc asks for nat 1 or open

My son's moved back into my house and brought an xbox. he's connected to the hub by wifi. Just recently I tried to play Rainbow 6 siege via uplay on my pc but now it says I cannot connect unless I have an open or NAT 1 type connection. I have read about people doing something with the DMZ address will that help? My pc has a wired connection to the superhub 2. I have opened several ports using the info on port forwarding.com for uplay and rainbow 6 siege but to no avail. Is there anyway I can play on my pc while his xbox is here?

0 Kudos
gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: connected xbox to wifi now pc asks for nat 1 or open

just to add... I've tried multiple port forwarding numbers, tried turning dhcp off, tried enabling dmz, turning the superhubs firewall and upnp... but nothing happens

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello gravy1

Sorry we were a bit slow getting here, some people have found switching from wifi to wired gives them a better NAT. Ultimately I suppose for diagnostics you could temporarily try wired with modem only mode and see if you get open NAT, at least that way you will be able to see if it is the router part of the hub causing a problem.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Read the post! He has a wired connection to his PC
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello J0hn

Thank you for you gracious comment, how pleasantly phrased and constructive. I fail to see your point though as this is a forum discussion, I was merely mentioning that some people had noticed an improvement  when switching from wifi to wired, I was talking in more general terms, I did fully read the post and was aware that his PC was wired. We like to do our best to think of all readers when replying and I did not wish to mention modem only mode without mentioning wireless. 

Anything else that you would like to contribute to try to help gravy1? Any spelling mistakes or grammer faux pas perhaps?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos