Menu
hugovincenzo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

bband outages on a daily basis

hello everyone. I am having broadband outages every day lasting from 5 to 20 mins at a time I am using Ethernet connection. I have the white super hub. virgin service help . wont send send engineer to resolve problem, they just get me to go through all there usual checks that don't work. its driving me mad. yes the bb is super fast but I would prefer stable.

0 Kudos
Lobsang
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: bband outages on a daily basis

I feel your pain, since upgrading and receiving the not so super hub 3.0 my net drops out several times a day, I gave up after 4 techs and started complaint procedure as they hide behind 8 weeks to solve it while ignoring you (on the 3rd week now) 29th of August I get to escalate it. I would suggest you do the same or at the least call up and request to lodge an official complaint (but also email then as theyou send you an automated response which is proof you started it)
0 Kudos
hugovincenzo
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for reply. its a nightmare. fed up with cocktail sticks resets in pinhole running round the house like an idiot checking 2,4 ghz and 5ghz these people must be having a laugh,

hugo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hugo

I am sorry you are having problems with stability, we will try to help. 

At the moment the hub is showing continuously online for the last 3 days with no problems, the area historical data is looking stable, has it improved for you? Is it purely a wireless issue, if so we have some useful guides that may help and explain more.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
hugovincenzo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for reply . the outages are still happening. and its Ethernet and wireless my son who is a software developer ran a programme to monitor the internet connection and you can see the the blank areas on the screen when it drops out. itsa real time programme that when all is good you see unbroken lines of data , and when it drops out the screen just shows black areas of missing connection that lasts between 10 and 20 mins. I realize that you say it has ran uninterrupted for 3 days, but at my end that's not the case. but I appreciate you getting back to me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hugovincenzo, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

Looking at your connection things seem to be ok from this side. 

It may help us to see a TBB Graph so we can see what sort of thing you are seeing from your side. 

It would also help me to know if you are using a wired or a wireless connection. If wireless try wired and let us know if it makes a difference. Pop the hub into modem only mode and see how you get on as it will help us to rule some things out. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos