Menu
disconnectMedia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xboxlive dropping every 10 mins

Like numerous others I am suffering from the drop. Only my xbox is affected nothing else on my network. I phoned Virgin and they port forwarded my xbox and it seemed okay for a day or so but now I'm back to dropping every 10mins. Every evening this week it has happened. Fed up. Any solutions, other than leaving Virgin?
0 Kudos
BaldrickBravo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xboxlive dropping every 10 mins

Do you see any logs on the router that correlate to the xbox dropping connection?

Does the xbox have a good Wi-Fi signal? Is it using 2.4 or 5 Ghz? Is there any Wi-Fi congestion due to other networks in the area operating on the same channels? Are you using any Wi-Fi extenders or power line adapters?

(Is it possible to connect it via ethernet? I'm not so familiar with these new fangled devices.. the last console I owned was a Super Nintendo!)

If no other devices in the house are adversely affected, then the quickest way to triage this, is getting a friend with an identical xbox to bring theirs around and set it up in exactly the same place as yours. If the problem recurs, you have just ruled out your particular xbox as being the cause.

0 Kudos
disconnectMedia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I think so. Not home at the moment to say for definite what they are. Wifi signal is fine and nothing in my household has changed regarding Internet or new devices being connected in last few years. This is a fault that used to happen then stopped for a year or so and is back with vengeance lately. Using 5ghz.

Not possible for me to connect via a cable and anyway what's the whole point of wireless if the solution is plugging it in.

I seriously doubt it is my xbox by 1:- looking at the numerous complaints about the same issues and 2 :- everyone else I game with has zero issues and are all lucky enough to be with another supplier

Thanks for your time though!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DisconnectMedia

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your Xbox One disconnecting lately.

We'd love to test it with an ethernet cable but I can understand if that's not totally possible right now. Do you have any devices at home that use a cable to access the internet? If so, how do they work?

Also, do you have other wireless devices working on the 5ghz? How are they doing? From testing the connection real time from our end, we're not detecting any immediate issues at the moment. Once we've eliminated some of the equipment as a potential cause we'll look to escalate this and take a closer look if necessary.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos