Menu
Toal167
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox1 keeps disconnecting

Hey why does my Xbox1 disconnect like every 5 min yet when I stay at my dads who also has Virgin broadband it never happens, we both have 152mb
0 Kudos
skunk_monkey
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox1 keeps disconnecting

brother had the same problem, i fixed it by logging into the router and making a guest connection. 

http://192.168.0.1/ with best compatibility settings. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toal167

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing disconnections with your Xbox. Are you connected wired or wireless?

I'm unable to locate your details so I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) for some additional information and get this looked into.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jack123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there!

If you're using the SuperHub 2, there's a known incompatibility which will cause random disconnections from Xbox Live.

To rectify this, Virgin Media will need to send you the SuperHub 2ac - a lot of customers have been receiving this for free, to help resolv e the issues for customers. A staff member should be able to arrange this for you.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toal167

Thanks for your reply, I've been able to have  a look into this for you. We are currently investigating disconnections while playing online linked to a recent firmware update on the Superhub2. We should have some information regarding this very soon. We have been made aware that modem mode can be used as temporary workaround. 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toal167

Just an update that there will be a rollback of the Superhub 2 firmware going ahead this week. Some more information can be found here. Let us know how things are after your hub has had the update. 

Hope you had a good weekend. 

0 Kudos