Menu
Davidpattinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one looses internet

Hey guys and girls I'm having problems with my  Xbox one 

I can connect to xbl but when I  to play multiplayer I'd disconnects me after abut 2-3 minutes. I wasn't having this problem on sky but when I was with them they helped me change some router settings. I have logged into my router but am unsure what I need to change.  The speeds I'm getting  are as follows 

On wireless 

42.20 Mbps dl speed

6.10 ul speed

Packet loos 0%

MTU 1480

Latency 164 ms

Wired 

94.27 Mbps dl

6.09 Mbps ul

Packet loss 

0%

MTU 1480

Latency 158 ms

Thanks for any help 

David

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one looses internet

Hi David

is it possible that Sky setup some port forwarding in the router?  There is a VM guide on port forwarding HERE and the following post has a list of suggested ports to forward for the Xbox One:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/GUIDE-Xbox-One-Port-Forwarding/m-p/3053801#M20814

Specific games may require additional ports.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Davidpattinson
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one looses internet

I have contacted. Virgin media help line took them over an hour to resolve the issues I was having. Brilliant service and couldn't have asked for a more friendly member of staff. Thanks guys. And girls.