Menu
Wills76
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one live

My daughters xbox keeps telling her she has lost Internet connection everything else is connectedesigned fine to the wifi, we've done everything xbox suggest, I have the super hub with 5g and that's what she is using but also tried connecting through 2g but makes no difference is there anything else we can try thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one live

Wireless isn't always a stable medium and consoles using online services like Xbox live and PSN need stability.  Also the wireless capabilities of devices can vary wildly, so other devices may be more resilient or are using services that can cope better with brief interruptions in the signal.

I would suggest trying a test with the Xbox connected via Ethernet to see if that improves stability.  If it doesn't then there may be an issue with your line or the route from VM to the Xbox live servers.

If wired does prove to be more stable, but the location of the Xbox makes it an impractical long term solution, then I'd suggest some powerline adapters. These use the electrical wiring in your house to create a wired network without the need for long cables. They are rarely as fast as the manufacturer's claim but are a lot more stable and less prone to interference than wireless.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos