Menu
Lukedoel
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one live connection

I've had my xbox one almost 12 months and had no issues however over the last month whenever I'm playing multiplayer I can play for 15-20 mins and I get kicked back to the home screen and have the message your are not connected to xbox live. It then immediately connects me to xbox live and re-signs me in. My nat type is open and when I run a test it says multiplayer is working fine. I've tried restarting router and resetting my xbox one but still the same issue. My friend suggested accessing my router and changing setting but when I put the router add in on my laptop it says page can not be displayed. I know my laptop is connected to the internet as in selecting the address from the virgin media website.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one live connection

Hi Lukedoel

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear that you keep getting disconnected from Xbox live, that sounds pretty frustrating. I've run a few checks and everything looks ok with your connection which is great.

Are you connected wired or wireless?

When you try to sign into the hub GUI are you using 192.168.0.1? If so and it still wont allow you access you may need to try a modem reset (any changes you have made will be cleared so remember to save them).

I've also included a link here with some ports you can open for Xbox Live.

Is there any particular game that you are experiencing these issues with or does it happen with every game you play?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lukedoel
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks I will try that tonight, I've only noticed it when I'm playing on Xbox live, could be any game and it will happen, when I'm on my laptop connected though wifi I don't seem to have a problem, just when I'm playin Xbox live I get kicked out every 10 minutes
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukedoel

Thanks for getting back to me. Ok that's good, we can rule out it being a particular game causing these issues. I'd say to try either port forwarding or putting your Xbox IP address into the DMZ option in the hubs advanced settings to see if this makes any difference. Also if you are connected wireless give an ethernet connection a try to see if this improves things Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on,

Ty 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lukedoel
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried the above last night with no luck, also I have a wired connection
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukedoel

Thanks for the update. Shame to here that neither of these worked Smiley Sad Can you give modem mode a try and let me know if this makes a difference?

Do you get drop outs on any other devices or just on your Xbox?

I'm going to send you a PM too for some additional info so that we can run a few checks on your connection to see if there are any problems showing. 

Speak soon,

Ty

0 Kudos