Menu
Jared
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one keeps disconnecting

Every 5 mins my Xbox one disconects from my super hub 2. With the router being downstairs I can not aquire a ethernet cable. It seems as if the super hub 2 is not compatible with the Xbox one well done!! Many forums have suggestes around a year ago that you 'team' are looking for a fix a year later nothing.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one keeps disconnecting

Hi Jared

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having connecting your Xbox one to wireless. 

I've run a few checks on your connection and everything is looking healthy.

Can you try connecting to the 5GHz network set to 54mbps and see if this helps?

Have you also tried changing the wireless channel?

If it keeps disconnecting wireless  can be prone to many types of interference and wired connection would be the best option here. As the router is downstairs rather than running a cable through the house you can use things like powerline adaptors.

There is a link to the Virgin Media store here where you can find accessories such as powerline adaptors

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jared
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So you want me to just carry on as normal with a non-working network? Or spend 50 pound to possibly fix it?Why shouldI pay the problem relies with you not me lol
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jared wrote:
Every 5 mins my Xbox one disconects from my super hub 2. With the router being downstairs I can not aquire a ethernet cable. It seems as if the super hub 2 is not compatible with the Xbox one well done!! Many forums have suggestes around a year ago that you 'team' are looking for a fix a year later nothing.

The fact that you choose to use your xbox so far from the router is NOT VM's fault.

And as for compatibility, why don't you ask Microsoft why the xbox is not compatible with ISP provided routers?

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Because it's worked for years, until the most recent router update (apparently)

I have the same problem and have to make the 5ghz channel 54mbps. Which is horrible because i lag SO MUCH ONLINE NOW.

5ghz is a weak signal.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mr_m_beasley wrote:

Because it's worked for years, until the most recent router update (apparently)

And not just with the latest VM Router, many others as well.

Google "xbox router problem" gives 14,800,000 results. Only one result on the first page refers to a VM router

Google "xbox Virgin router problem" gives 393,000 results.

mr_m_beasley wrote:
5ghz is a weak signal.

You're blaming Virgin Media for the propagation characteristics of the 5 GHz band, or because you can't run a cable within your house?

The water company's job is to deliver clean water to your house. How you use it is your business.

The broadband company's job is to deliver fast data to your house. How you use it is your business.

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're not getting the point. The fact i'm HAVING to do this to my router is the issue. It won't work unless i do so. I hope you can at least understand that.
0 Kudos