Menu
Patryk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one issue

I keep encountering an issue playing any online game where I get an error saying I've been disconnected from live.

The Xbox network checks both show that everything is ok. My ping is about 70ms, upload speed 3Mbps and download about 30Mbps.

I'm connected wirelessly to a super hub 2 and I almost 100% this is due to virgin media, because I encountered this issue after switching the wi-fi it's connected to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one issue

Hi Patryk,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Xbone over wireless.

Have you tried the xbox wired to rule out wireless interference? Does the connection drop the internet all together or just from live? If just from live it may be an issue with XBL. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Patryk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I didn't try to plug it into the router since it'd be a huge inconvenience. But I doubt it's due to any interference, because on Thursday it was working perfectly even though there were more than usual devices connected to the Internet, and since this has being happening for more than a week I really doubt it's due to live.

I've tried almost everything checking the network logs, toggling firewalls, looking for blocked ports etc.....

From what I see I suspect it's the Internet dropping out, since I often see for example my phone changing from wi-if to 4G, and the disconnected from live error is usually accompanied by a disconnected from server.

0 Kudos
Patryk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Plus the cable from the router to the box seems to be slightly loose.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patryk,

I'd first of all suggest tightening that cable if you haven't already done so. It only need to be finger tightened so no need for a spanner.

I've tried to check your connection but your hub is currently offline. Could you leave the hub on for few days for us to run checks?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos