Menu
Patryk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one issue

I keep encountering an issue playing any online game where I get an error saying I've been disconnected from live.

The Xbox network checks both show that everything is ok. My ping is about 70ms, upload speed 3Mbps and download about 30Mbps.

I'm connected wirelessly to a super hub 2 and I almost 100% this is due to virgin media, because I encountered this issue after switching the wi-fi it's connected to.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one issue

Hi Patryk

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when playing on Xbox live. Everything looks great when checking your connection. Do these issues still happen if you are connected over ethernet? If so can you put the hub into modem mode and see if this still happens?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mach1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My son has been having the same problem with his Xbox One when playing COD.  He's playing online when gets a message saying connection lost and then it reconnects immediately.

I don't have any problems with anything else connected to he super hub 2 and checked his NAT status which is open, tried rebooting and followed Microsoft's notes and still getting the same problem.  I have changed from 5g to 2g and still get the problem, and after paying all this money for the Xbox and per month to Virgin I think it's a bit rich to say put an Ethernet wire in and it like going back 10 years in technology.

Looking through the internet there are lots of threads about this problem between Virgin and Xbox One going on now over a year and nothing seems to have improved.  It's a bit frustrating and want to know when Virgin/Xbox will get it resolved?  As putting up the normal IT solution of switching off and rebooting is getting a bit thin.

When will this be resolved or can the Virgin IT guys provide a solution that works once and for all.  They've been asking for feedback on their own forums yet still does not seem to be resolved.  Feeling rather let down over this Virgin

Ty_S wrote:
Hi Patryk

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when playing on Xbox live. Everything looks great when checking your connection. Do these issues still happen if you are connected over ethernet? If so can you put the hub into modem mode and see if this still happens?

Speak soon 

0 Kudos
Patryk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't tried connecting it via Ethernet yet, due because I don't have a long enough cable.I noticed that the cable from the box to the router is a bit loose, and that the Internet sometimes disconnects only to connect again. So could it have something to do with that?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patryk

Thanks for getting back to me. I can't see any timeouts occurring but the hub hasn't been on for very long. Are there any changes to the hub lights when the connection drops? Could you post the hub's network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner)

If distance is preventing you from using a wired connection accessories such as powerline adaptors can help with this Smiley Happy I've included a link with a bit more info here.

Hope you have a good weekend.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mach1969
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wow Virgin's amazing technical solution is plug in a cable, this is the same solution you always offer and over a year down the line you and Microsoft have not got your act together as come up with a proper solution.

I have invested in powerline adapters and would be nice if virgin offered something towards them. They do work but it does feel like a cop out that I have had to spend £47 because they can't be bothered to find solution.

Would the virgin tech guy like to join in this conversation and answer my question. No point pretending this is an isolated problem as you can read all the treads of this forum to see that you have been dodging this problem.

Yes, this is a rant but you have conned me out of £47 as instead of spending your money to solve the problem we have to spend ours!