Menu
StavEllis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one help

So like many many others it seems having issues with the hub 3, finally got the nat open (why in gods name does a DMZ make the nat strict!) however on Xbox reporting download speeds of 50mb on a 200mb connection and gears of war lagging really bad and getting disconnected all the time from party chat and matches... never had any issues with sky at all this is getting two weeks then getting cancelled if this carries on. Any advice?
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one help

For the last 2 years my Speedtest and downloads would never reach over 100Mb with virgins 200 Mb speed.
I've read that its due to connecting to a Seattle server hence the high 170ms ish ping ☹️️.
Now that I've upgraded to vivid 200 Gamer (200/20) & opened ports to Xbox live/Ubisoft's Uplay and rainbow 6 with DMZ on for my Xbox ip address "BOOM" 200/20 Mb speed test 😁 happy days.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArCUbyRccDpuyyGoogXE1G7gNrkW

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there StavEllis,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Xbox connection, I know this is frustrating when you're trying to play.

Are you connecting using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? If you don't have a cable let me know and I'll send one to you.

What speed test results are you getting on other devices?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Heather and all the other MODs,

Please Admit the VM SH's are rubbish for consoles and gaming, modem mode is only way to go to Game on VM.

My Previous Post on Gaming on VM

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos