Menu
Elmotheewokking
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one ethernet disconnect

Plugged my xbox one directly into my router recently to get over awful wireless speeds. Suddenly, it will only work via wireless connection. It will initially connect via ethernet long enough to enter a game, 5 minutes in it will lose connection to the live servers. Yet I can be watching a YouTube video at the same time on my phone and it'll be fine...
Can only really use it via the wireless connection, with speeds of under 10mbps. Wired, when it works is 50, I'd obviously like to use the max speed I can.
Is this likely to be an issue with live or virgin? Spoken to live support already who told me to ask for ask list of ports to be opened up.
Help?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one ethernet disconnect

Likely to be an issue with Xbone and HUB both wanting to be "first"

Shut everything down. Like plug out of the wall shutdown, not switched to off. Start up HUB...

Wait for connectivity....

Now switch on Xbone.

Elmotheewokking
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have tried that just now and no different unfortunately.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try putting your hub into modem mode and just connect the Xbox to see if that makes any difference to your gaming experience.  There will be no wireless connectivity while in modem mode so this is just a diagnostic test to determine if your problems are being caused by poor routing within the hub when it is in router mode (not unheard of).  In modem mode the hub does no routing and all Internet traffic on all ports will be sent direct to your console.

If this does improve things then you might need to setup some port forwarding, which is what the Xbox live support were referring to.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elmotheewokking, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble getting the Hub to connect to the Xbox One. 

I can see that Kippies and SCA1972 have been helping you out with this. 

Did the information they gave you help you to get things resolved for you? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will be happy to take a look for you.

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos