Menu
ianise
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one download speeds still terrible

Hi all,

Is anybody else still experiencing slow speeds when downloading games on XB1?

I am on the 152mb package, rarely see speeds anywhere near that on the Xbox that is hardware and sat next to my Superhub 2 and various speed tests via a laptop plugged in return between 120 and 152mbps. I have portfarded, DMZ'd, deleted all and tried with just UPnP enabled. Nothing makes a difference....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one download speeds still terrible

Hi ianise,

Thanks for posting, the slow Xbox one speeds sound frustrating, I've run a few checks on your connection from this end and can see that peak time traffic is pretty heavy which may be a factor, though I'd expect your speed test results to flag this if it was an issue at the time.

What kind of speeds are you getting? Is the connection to the Xbox wired or wireless and is time of day a factor? 

Drop us a quick update and we'll happily try to help out further.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ianise
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what time you class as peak anymore, but I have downloaded games in the middle of the day, in the evening and later st night, 9p.m onwards and it took a long time. My Xbox speeds are coming up between 15 & 30mbps the last couple of days. 25.82mbps at the moment. Upload is always around 12mbps.

Wired connection.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianise,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming that Smiley Happy The download speed on your Xbox won't be an accurate reflection of your broadband speed. It can depend on how much bandwidth is available on the server etc

Good to hear that the speed tests on the laptop you've run are all ok. It might be worth putting the hub into modem mode to see if this makes any difference?

Let us know how you get on

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos