Menu
AshliCarey91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one download speed

Hi,
I recently had my virgin installed yesturday and im ment to be getting 200mg download and 12upload but on my xbox one when i do a speed test im only recieving around 30-40 meg download... sometimes even goes down to 12 meg download.. could anyone help me out as of why this might be happening please
0 Kudos
V6justice
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one download speed

Are you connected through ethernet or playing on wifi?

Its also stated that 200mb/s is a peak not a constant.
0 Kudos
AshliCarey91
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Im running it cable, but it doesnt go above 40 and always goes down to 11meg its suppose to be 200meg
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

can you test it on a PC wired to the SH to make sure its not xbox live as it can sometimes be slow
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AshliCarey91

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds. I've run some checks on your connection I can see a fault ticket open that's causing slow speeds around peak times F004477822. Is it around these times that you experience slow speeds? There is a review date scheduled for 28/06/2017 and we can certainly check for any updates closer to this time.

As Xbox speed tests can vary is there any difference when connected to a PC that's connected via ethernet?

Speak soon

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos