Menu
JHanbury
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one disconnecting alll the time!

firstly before i go any further please know these things:

I've had this problem now for 4+ months. Resetting the router or its settings do not work. opening ports hasn't fixed it and I've had the problem with 3 routers. I have set up DCHP and a Static IP.

So, the problem is that when i use my xbox i randomly get kicked offline for a few seconds, and it happens every 5 minutes or so and it is extremely annoying. This makes it impossible for me to play games as i get kicked out because of it.

The most common scenario i have experienced with this problem is that i will be in the middle of a game of FIFA with fine connection then randomly kicked out of the game and xbox party due to connection issues. this will last for about 20 seconds then go back to normal.

Originally i thought it was wireless problems so reverted to a wired connection and it has not made a single difference.

My router/s is the Superhub.

I have a consistent 30+ mbs download and 6mbs upload with a 150 - 160 ping on my xbox. on wireless i have 75% wireless signal with 0% packet loss.

I have spent well over 30 hours talking to virgin media, xbox and EA on the phone to find a solution and so far nothing at all has worked.

Any solutions are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
JHanbury
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one disconnecting alll the time!

The service I'm getting from virgin media is absolutely appalling. I should not be getting this problem. The customer service helping me with this was also terrible, they didn't have a clue what to do so blamed my software which was not at fault.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this forum is my last place I am going to request help before switching ISP

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved!

Here for anyone else having the same problem.

There's also a solution that a user here on the forums found, though it doesn't work for everybody. Here is how you do it: Go to your Superhub settings, click advanced settings, click wireless radio and change the 5ghz wireless to 54mbps. Then connect your Xbox One wirelessly to 5ghz.

I guess this will work for any other device connected via 5ghz.

0 Kudos
JHanbury
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No luck with it mate, tried it already Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi JHanbury

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.  I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing playing online. 

Everything on your hub looks ok when checking. Are there any changes to the lights on the hub when the connection drops?

Is there any difference if you put the hub into modem mode?

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JHanbury
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All the lights stay the same. I've tried modem mode but no luck and i've even tried plugging in an old router and using the internet off that in modem mode but it still doesnt work. 5Ghz and 54mbps hasn't made a difference either :/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi JHanbury

Thanks for confirming that. Is it just when playing FIFA that you notice these issues?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
AdamMarks
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issues but its on any online multiplayer game, been like this since I got it installed.
0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ty_S

It seems to be a router fault, possibly a bad update that was done recently? My Xbox will only work on the 5ghz setting when i change the superhub settings to a poor 54mbps, i lag all over the place but it stops me from losing connection.

0 Kudos
JHanbury
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nope, on every multiplayer game I know when it happens because i get really bad lag for a few seconds but on certain games like Fifa and Assassins creed it kicks me out of the game instead of giving me a few seconds of bad lag.

0 Kudos