Menu
hjd420
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one disconnecting - NAT strict

Ok, my Xbox has been getting disconnected since 10th January and I'm getting sad now. My NAT on xbox is strict and will not change. I've tried everything - port forwarding, DHCP reservation, manually inputting IP and DNS and nothing is working.

This is what it says on the xbox website - If you have been assigned a private IP address, you will have to contact your ISP to request a public IP address to eliminate a NAT issue on your Xbox. If your ISP cannot supply you with a public IP address, you will have to change ISPs, or you will not be able to resolve the NAT issue.

Can I get a straight answer on whether or not I have to change ISP?

0 Kudos
wayneold
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one disconnecting - NAT strict

Im in the exact same situation, Virgins reply to me was to upgrade to the Superhub 3 box and charge me £15 activation fee? Can i charge them £15 labour as ill have to install it!!

Around the 9th/10th the Super Hub 2 just boots me off Ipad, Iphone, Xbox all the time and reconnects 2-3 minutes later, so annoying!

Ive now the 4K TV box (which is just as fast as the sky box we had 5 years ago) and 200MB BB so paying full whack but not getting a working system

Ive installed 2 wifi repeaters that do help massively but if they disconnect from the superhub the same problem obviously occurs :-(

If this new Super Hub 3 box doesnt work ill be cancelling my full subscription and giving Sky Q a go, i know their BB isnt as fast but if the Virgin one continually disconnects its useless anyhow!

hjd420
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is absolutely no way I'm paying a penny for this to be fixed, its a VM issue, nothing I have caused. I just want to know why its happening and what I can do to play xbox asap. Either that or they need to give a public IP address (as I'm certain this is the issue) but they only to that to business customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey hjd420,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Xbox connection.

Can I ask if this is the only console you have on your network? Also, have you tried reserving your IP address and then applying it into the DMZ rule?

Hope to hear back from you soon so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anTTony
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

on xbox one, go into settings > all settings > network > network settings. Go to 'test multiplayer connection. Then after its finished testing your connection, press all 4 shoulder triggers together. Then press B then A. Go down to 'advanced settings', and then 'alternate mac address' and click 'clear' then restart.

Once restarted go back to network and check...it should now be NAT open. Sometimes this works for me... others it doesn't.

time for a new BB provider I think...
0 Kudos
hjd420
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have done all the above things and more and still nothing. Called up on the 23rd to cancel and got told it was due to be fixed that day, obviously untrue. As a customer I feel like I am having the 'you-know-what' taken out of me. I have a brand new Xbox OneS sat in a box unused that was a present for my boyfriends birthday (on the 19th!) I see on the other thread it is due to be fixed 12:00 today, but I have little faith. As a parent to 2 autistic children, I don't get a lot of time to myself, but when I do, I play the xbox. It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to enjoy my only **bleep** 'hobby'.

0 Kudos