Menu
Mark410
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one constantly disconnects.

Up until yesterday everything was working fantastic. I was on the 70MB speed, using the superhub 2. Connected to the hub was 2 wired desktop PC's, and connected via WiFi was Xbox one, wii u, 2 laptops, 3 tablets, 2 phones, and a dedicated streaming PC, again I must stress, as a family we were trouble free and all our internet needs were being met.

Admittedly when there was the whole family using our devices, the streaming device would buffer now and again, and Xbox one would have a couple of latency problems, but even that was fine and to be expected. When the kids went to bed, wife would stream and I would Xbox with no issues what so ever.

Yesterday I had what I thought was a great idea, "let's upgrade our package to the vivid 200", gave them a call, and less than 40 minutes later broadband speed tests were all showing speeds over 212MB, triple the speed we were used to, I have to admit, I was super excited.

Kids go to bed, wife settles down to stream and I sat down to play Xbox, I log in to game, play all of 5 minutes, and get booted from game, at exactly the same time, wife from other room complains that the stream froze. I log back in, she restarts stream, I last another 3 minutes, and again The Division kicks me out saying I need to be connected to Xbox live.

My initial thought is to reset the superhub 2, which I did. Nothing changed, throughout the evening and late in to the night, this happened at regular intervals, most of the time, when the Xbox booted me, the wife's stream box would freeze too, but there were plenty of times she could continue to watch, while I was left frustrated at not being able to get through a 10 minute mission without getting booted.

I went round the house and disconnected everything that was connected to the superhub 2. Streaming box worked perfectly, better than it ever has, zero buffering, even when streaming 1080p. Connected Xbox, and within 5 minutes, I had been booted, and the wife's box froze. Xbox is on 5g connection, and streaming box is on 2g connection if that means anything. I tried putting Xbox on the 2g, and still the same thing happened. Eventually she went to bed in a foul mood  blaming me for my "great idea", and her inability to watch a full one hour episode, in the last 6 hours.

To recap,  everything worked perfectly, for the past few years, and my home was a happy one, one thing has changed (which I thought would only improve everything), and I'm in the dog house, with no hair left after pulling it all out with frustration. 

How can one simple thing like upgrading my package cause so much trouble ? Please, someone restore my sanity and happy home, by giving me a fix (in simple terms, as I'm not the most tech savvy).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one constantly disconnects.

Hi Mark410

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you've started to experience since upgrading your broadband package. That's so strange that these issues coincided with the upgrade. As a fellow Division player I totally sympathise with the problems you are having and we'll certainly get this looked into.

Everything looks ok when checking the hub. I can't see anything standing out that should cause an issue. Does this happen with devices connected over ethernet too?

Is there any improvement if you change the wireless channel?

Could you also post the hub's network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner).

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bristow312
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one constantly disconnects.

I had this kicking issue with my Xbox one on the division on my old super hub, would disconnect from everything Xbox live, party chat and the game have you checked to make sure that a firmware update hasn't reset the permissions with the speed increase?

0 Kudos