Menu
Nickibiff1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one connection

Hi I have 2 sons who both have an Xbox one. One son has no problems with his connection whilst my other son repeatedly gets disconnected whilst trying to play online with his friends. We have tried a wifi booster we have googled the problem and have tried everything Google suggests to no avail we have changed the wireless channel does anyone have any suggestions please as he is getting frustrated!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one connection

Xbox Ones work best with an Ethernet connection. I personally would never use a games console on a wifi connection as there is just too much that can go wrong and cause disconnects from XBL as well as lag on games.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
sweeneytodd104
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Nickibiff1,

You can have what is called port forwarding and triggering done on the modem which will help, I have got a 360 and a Xbox one and got the team from virgin live chat to do it by remote assistance (best to use if you do  not know how to). here is the info you need 

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
  • Just copy and paste the above info on live chat and they will sort it for you.
  • Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have my XBO wired and have no need for port forwarding.

i would also advise against using remote assistance. You don't want them on your computer.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).