Menu
Vmtofix
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one cod:iw ports closed how do i open them

I need help to fix this i cannot fix it i get strict or moderate but need open to connect to people and need help to set up a port forward to my xbox
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one cod:iw ports closed how do i open them

There is a help page HERE with info about setting up port forwarding on the different VM hubs.  Can't give you any Xbox specific advice as I don't own one, but if you search on Google for "xbox port forwarding" there are lots of relevant links on the MS support pages and elsewhere.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vmtofix wrote:
I need help to fix this i cannot fix it i get strict or moderate but need open to connect to people and need help to set up a port forward to my xbox

As far as i know, your NAT being strict won't really affect outgoing connections, its only going to affect if you end up having to be the host for games, peer to peer hosted games are a terrible design intended to cut costs and should really be scrapped, i've never had to open ports to play a game ever unless i wanted to actually host it myself

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vmtofix

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy Scott has provided a link with some really helpful info regarding port forwarding, have you had much luck with it? Also is your Xbox connected wired or wireless? If it's wireless connect it over ethernet and see if the NAT type changes.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos