Menu
L-D
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one X won’t install

So we bought the Xbox one x, long story short we had to return two because they were faulty and this is our third.

We contacted Microsoft to say the Xbox won’t install games. I installed three games then when it came to the fourth it just kept saying install stopped. After trying various things Microsoft informed us it is a problem with our connection possibly the UPNP.

On the speed test our broadband works fine and the problem isn’t the Xbox because our other Xbox is not installing either.

I spoke to virginast night who opened some ports and said all was fixed but it still wouldn’t download.

I eventually decided to try one last time to download forza 7 last night and it done it at about 11.45 it downloaded the game.

Tried with a different game about 8am this morning and I get the same install stopped.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one X won’t install

Bit of a strange one, sometimes a game installs sometimes it doesn't....I've run a few checks on your connection and nothing obvious is amiss with your Hub and local network segment both reporting back in good health.

How are you connected to the X-box wired or wireless? If wireless could you please try wired and let us know if this helps.

Any other devices on your network have similar issues downloading/installing?

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
L-D
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph thanks for your reply.

I tried it as a wired connection yesterday and it done exactly the same thing.

I have considered it could be the Xbox one X but it is also happening with our old Xbox one aswell... it’s baffling.

It’s not just one particular game it’s doing it with. It downloaded 3 games fine, one game it done eventually with a struggle and now none...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello L-D,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

This certainly is a strange fault!

Let's leave your thread open and see if any other Community members have any advice.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos