Menu
Wonder
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one NAT change on new hub

Hi all,
I've got a super hub 3.0 and trying to change my Xbox one nat type from moderate to open but having difficulties as there is no DMZ settings or port setting so wondering how you do it on the new hub?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one NAT change on new hub

Wonder wrote:
Hi all,
I've got a super hub 3.0 and trying to change my Xbox one nat type from moderate to open but having difficulties as there is no DMZ settings or port setting so wondering how you do it on the new hub?

I wouldn't of thought they go to the trouble of not giving you DMZ so look harder.

Or you can stick it in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wonder

Welcome to the forum. We've heard that sometimes it can be misreporting saying that the NAT type is strict but not affecting the connection. Are you noticing problems? Also are you connected wired or wireless?

I'm going to send you a PM for some additional information.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Billjudd22
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have an xbox one and have today changed broadband to virgin media with hub 3.0. I am having difficulties changing my NAT from moderate to open. I have tried to port forward but am struggling as not many guides for hub3.0. I have no idea how to assign xbox one to static ip address and also how to port forwarding with local and external start and end port. Any help would be great thanks
0 Kudos
HackedComputer
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1. Set Static IP on Xbox

2. Enable Firewall on Hub 3.0

3. Enter Xbox Live's required ports for the Static IP set for the Xbox - don't worry about the ports (53 DNS Ibelieve) being reserved

4. Restart Xbox

5. Check NAT Status - Should be Open.

0 Kudos
Bristow312
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can throw it in the DMZ its under the security settings but it wont work everyone is waiting for the new firmware release to fix this problem

0 Kudos