Menu
Gunnslinger
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one Keeps disconnecting from 5ghz Wifi Channel and computer/phone sometimes disconnects also

Hi all, I've put up with this issue for about 1 month now and all the things i've tried haven't worked. I've been using my 2.4ghz channel for the xbox for the time being, but I obviously want my xbox to be on the 5ghz otherwise, whats the point. I've been with Virgin media for about roughly 10 months and it only started happening a month ago and another thing that I don't get is it's been happening to me and my friend who has the exact same plan as i do, but my other friend who also has the same plan, he doesn't get disconnected so it's sometimes hard to play games when 2 of us keep disconnecting. The attempted solutions I've tried are:

Factory reset the router (which is a super hub 2ac)

I've tried limiting the internet speed to it's lowest form 

I factory reset the xbox and that didn't change anything 

I've been noticing alot of people have been having the same issue, but no solutions have worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
thscot_28
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one Keeps disconnecting from 5ghz Wifi Channel and computer/phone sometimes disconnects also

i don't know where you are but i am experiencing the same thing. (im in scotland, on a 200mbs contract)

every 50mins my internet cuts out for a few seconds dropping all connections, wired and wifi

the tech team on the phone line says there may be a fault on the line...dont personally agree, i think its the router.

seriously frustrating being in the middle of a raid or just clan gaming to get kicked from the system.

Jolly_Boy_John
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one Keeps disconnecting from 5ghz Wifi Channel and computer/phone sometimes disconnects also

Having the exact same problems as thscot
Also on 200mb package and this is in Fife
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one Keeps disconnecting from 5ghz Wifi Channel and computer/phone sometimes disconnects ...

Evening Gunnslinger

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing disconnections on the Xbox One.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable.

Have you tried to change the wireless channel to see if that improves the connection?

Do any other devices notice the disconnections?

Are you able to try a wired connection to see if you get the same issue?

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My son has made me aware that his gaming has been having intermittent connectivity and everything connected to the relatively new Superhub 2ac has been cutting out as well similar to yours . I have complained and an engineer is coming out tomorrow to get to the bottom of it so hopefully it will be fixed .

0 Kudos