Menu
Joeybellic
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox multiplayer high ping

Hi,

Xbox one (wired to superhub 2) and 360 (via power line adapters). I've had 160+ latency on both since Nov and bops multiplayer is unplayable. Loads of dropped games Fifa on 360. Been passed from bband to third party technical for the last 3 weeks. I have spent my last two Friday evenings setting up port forwarding done by tech last night (remote) and xbone jumped to 340!!!  I hope someone can help as I'm lost here. Also done dmz. Pc wired gives ping at 10 ms. All other devices are fine. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ZiltoidRacer
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox multiplayer high ping

a multiplayer connection/speed test always shows Latency around 160 (ish), this is because the network test on your xbox one is tested against xbox servers in america, seattle. unlike a PC speedtest which is done against the closest server so hence why PC wired is 10ms. no matter where in the world you are the xbox tests against seattle servers..

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joeybellic,

I'll do my best to help though hope you don't mind me asking a few questions so I have all the required data to hand:

• Are you getting problems on any devices other than Xbox?
  • Is the increased latency evident at any particular time of day?
  • Would you please run a traceroute to the IP address of one of your game servers and post the output on here?

Also please do the same with a ping test. This way I hope to see the high ping times and where on the network this is occurring.

By the way have you contacted Xbox (Microsoft) about this to see if they can help?

When you reply I'll see what we can make of the information.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joeybellic
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Jen, I'll do the tests from desktop tomorrow but here's the other info.

Microsoft said the issue was purely my isp after some tests. All other devices are fine. No difference re time of day- always 160+.

regards

Joe

0 Kudos
ZiltoidRacer
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

a multiplayer connection/speed test always shows Latency around 160 (ish), this is because the network test on your xbox one is tested against xbox servers in america, seattle. unlike a PC speedtest which is done against the closest server so hence why PC wired is 10ms. no matter where in the world you are the xbox tests against seattle servers..