Menu
coates13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox live kicking me off and generally poor connection

I've been having this problem for about a month now, I temporarily fixed the issue by switching from 5G to 2G, however I'm back to square one! For the price I'm paying it's not acceptable! I've been in touch with EA and Xbox. They told me to do a UO test, they then called me to talk through the test which showed it is Virgin Medias fault. I'm stuck as to what to do next, if I do not get the issue solved by Monday, I will be contacting Virgin to cancel my internet subscription, I'm paying top money for a service that I am not getting. 

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I could do to fix this please help that would be much apprecaited. 

0 Kudos
Hotshall
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox live kicking me off and generally poor connection

Just for info.

My Xbox One runs slower than all the other devices in my house including this iMac i am typing this on. The xbox speed varies between 1 to 23 Mbs whereas everything else connects at 50 + Mbs which is what I pay for (Mobile and iMac are next to the xbox in the same room)

Checking the technical blurb on xbox they say that xbox should be connected using IPv6 whereas to get the better speeds, mine is connected via IPv4. Not sure how one goes about connecting via this???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi coates13, 

Thank you for flagging this issue to us. I have been gathering data and the issue is now being investigated. 

Once I have more news on this I will let you know. 

Additionally I have taken a look at your connection and your modem SNR is on the low side. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged.

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.  

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hotshall wrote:

Just for info.

My Xbox One runs slower than all the other devices in my house including this iMac i am typing this on. The xbox speed varies between 1 to 23 Mbs whereas everything else connects at 50 + Mbs which is what I pay for (Mobile and iMac are next to the xbox in the same room)

Checking the technical blurb on xbox they say that xbox should be connected using IPv6 whereas to get the better speeds, mine is connected via IPv4. Not sure how one goes about connecting via this???

Do yourself a big favour. Get a pair of powerline switches and cable the Xbox. I know it 's an extra expense, but will save you grief.

As for IPv6, it's not supported on VM. I believe BT and Sky support IPv6 now.

0 Kudos