Menu
liam12321
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox live connection problems

I have the superhub 2 router and my xbox live connection keeps dropping. I have several other devices on the hub inlcuding phones, laptops and ipads and the internet connection on all of those are fine.
As soon as I try and join a multiplayer game or attempt any online activity for that matter, my xbox disconnects from xbox live then 2 seconds later, it will connect again.
My NAT is open, my download and upload speed are fine, my latency is around 160ms which I'm aware is a little bit high.
Microsoft advised me to contact my ISP and have several ports opened on my router however this did not solve the problem at all.

Please advise thanks

0 Kudos
Ryan_H
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox live connection problems

Hi mate

Lots of us with the same problem as of the past few days

See here for more info and a post on p23 of how to get around it

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Xbox-One-and-Superhub-2-Online-Kicking-Issues-FIF...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey liam12321,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy apologies for the Xbox Live issues you're experiencing when joining games lately, I understand how frustrating that is from gaming myself!

I've run some checks and everything on both your hub and local network segment looks great. Is your Xbox connected to the hub via a wired or wireless connection? If it's wireless I'd recommend trying a wired connection and retesting, it's also worth testing wired with the hub in modem mode.

Let us know if the problem is still present when you've completed these tests.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gaynormc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Can you tell me if this is a nationwide Virgin issue as I'm also having the same problem and if so what is the problem and when will it be resolved! I've rang Microsoft and they've had numerous calls about this. I also rang cust servs but they more or less told me there's nothing wrong when there clearly is looking at all the posts on this forum. 😡😡
0 Kudos