Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (204 Views)

Xbox latency

Please could someone help!
I am on vm vivid 200. Xbox support have advised the latency or ping is too high for online gaming producing lag. Could someone advise as I am very naive when it comes to this. I chose this broadband to do everything faster!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (172 Views)

Re: Xbox latency

Hi there M_orrell,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing issues with latency on your Xbox.

If you can answer a few questions for me please to have a better understanding, that would be helpful.

Do you notice an issue on all games you play?

Do you get any disconnections/errors whilst gaming?

Is the Xbox connected through wireless or wired?

Any issues with general internet browsing?

Have you completed any ping tests or trace routes at all?

Try and provide as much information as you can.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (163 Views)

Hi Samantha,

All online games have a bad lag and make gaming very difficult.

At the weekend the xbox one s would change from a wired connection status to not connected every few seconds. Connecting via wifi would not hold. The wired connection seems to be holding now but the latency is causing serious issues with multiplayer online gaming.

The xbox is connected via a tv-link 2000 powerline adaptor.

The inital loading of web pages takes  much longer than I would expect with vivid 200 broadband.

I have since reading all the complaints about latency issues on the community created a BQM showing ping results.

877c0e9e03163ae4c5e10e3aef92d72f  this is last 24 hours.

877c0e9e03163ae4c5e10e3aef92d72f-22-03-2017  This is 22/3/17

I did move the xbox to the room with the router (superhub 3) to connect directly to the router, and this has had no positive outcome to the latency issues.

I will admit to not being as technically minded as the majority posting here but I know when something does not feel right and my old sky broadband which produced 20mbs rather than 200mbs felt faster than my current deal with yourselves. 

Is it a router issue which I seem to be reading about on here that is causing the problem? if so I would need to have the router that performs sent to me.

Thanks

Matt.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7 (140 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me.

With the links you provided, I am unable to open these, I'm afraid. If you can re-post them that would be great.

Have you completed a speed test through a wired connection at all to see what speeds you do achieve?

If you can also post some ping tests and trace routes this will help us further.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7 (130 Views)

The links are images of my BQM graph showing latency constantly in yellow over 150. I don't know how to share any other way than I have done previously. I do not know what a trace route is!

My speed wired directly to the router is fine I am not saying that, what I am complaining about is the latency and lack of ability to play online gaming.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (127 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hopefully you can see this image. This graph is like this or worse everyday.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. The image contained your WAN IP address. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7 (103 Views)

are you talking about the xbox network test latency @ around 160 ish? if so this is normal because all xbox ones do the speed test to seattle, america. so 160 latency is around what everyone in UK gets on their xbox one.

test with a PC and you test against a much closer server and your latency will be lower...

0 Kudos