Menu
nikibmx01
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Xbox connection issues

We have been having the same problem my son has an Xbox one, in the next room to the hub, it continually drops the signal, I bought a booster box for the wifi, which helped for a while, but the problem keeps happening I have to reboot the hub for him.
0 Kudos
shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox connection issues

VM already know of the problem, hopefully will be resolved in the next 48 hours. 

There is already a vast amount of threads on this problem already.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello nikibmx01

Sorry you are having problems with the Xbox dropping connections, we are aware of a problem with the Superhub2AC that may cause it however you are using a Superhub2. Perhaps it is a wireless issue, we have some wireless guides that may help although if possible we would always recommend a wired connection for gaming. 

Also I notice that the signal level received at the hub is a little low:-

-5.3 dBmV        -5.3 dBmV        -5.2 dBmV        -5 dBmV        -5.4 dBmV        -5.7 dBmV        -6.1 dBmV        -6.4 dBmV

so it may be best to let an engineer take a look just to be on the safe side. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Awilliams89
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola is it possible to check my hub connection also? Been having the same problem since the turn of the year. Not entirely sure what hub I have as I am at work.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Awilliams89

No problem. The hub is a Superhub2AC and currently has the suspect firmware on it, please accept our apologies, we are currently investigating please keep an eye on the forum for updates. Also we have a problem in your area with intermittent low SNR. This may cause packet loss and lag. Our engineers are trying to find it F004974171 estimated fix 20 JAN 2017 20:00. I have updated your account so if we have your mobile hopefully you may get SMS updates.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Awilliams89
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Never seen any issues listed on the website. Is there somewhere I can check back to manually for updates on the fix?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning Awilliams89

You are welcome, yes we will do our best to keep this thread updated Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online? so please keep an eye on it.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos