Menu
bradztheman
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox cannot connect to internet. Nat type Strict

Ive been all day trying to sort this, and no such luck!! My xbox one worked fine when i was connected to a different service provider, now ive had virgin installed i can not get it to work!! So frustrating! It connects but it says Nat Type: Strict.
This basically means i can not do anything! I spoke to virgin on the phone, and they said it's not their problem, well sorry but it clearly is as ive never had this with any other service provider, or with the old router i had when i was with virgin before!! Ive opened up the ports that ive been told to open too!
I can not even get it onto a moderate nat type, let alone open, so the trick with pushing LT RT, and energy saving mode. Doesn't work!! Anyone else got any idea's that can help me with this?????
0 Kudos
bodkelly
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox cannot connect to internet. Nat type Strict

I'm having the same ish problem - NATS were open and all fine but has now changed to strict, i have changed nothing on my network or any settings, its happened with me changing anything. Looked at forums and cant make head nor tail of what to do...cg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bradztheman,

Nice to see you on the forums, though sorry to hear about the strict NAT problems connecting to your Xbox with your SuperHub, I can appreciate this is going to be frustrating.

I've run a few checks on your service from this and the first thing that jumps out are the hubs power levels, which are outside of optimum on both upstream and downstream and will cause your connection to struggle in general.

We can sort this out, we'll just need to arrange for an engineer visit to get the Hub checked and the levels adjusted, I'll drop you a Private Message so we can this booked in for you.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bodkelly,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing similar NAT related issues with the Xbox, though checking your connection from this end shows no obvious issues to explain why this might be happening, with both the SuperHub and local network segment reporting back in good shape.

How are you connecting wired or wireless? 

A quick factory reset of the Hub via the reset button on the back of the Hub may be a good starting point if problems remain ongoing.

Drop us a quick update and let us know how things are looking.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
racheldc91
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We're having this issue too. Xbox has worked fine before, brother had brought it back from his student house in Leeds for xmas and now it won't connect saying NATSmiley FrustratedTRICT. What can we do to make it connect? Tried all the online advice to create a static IP and to manually allow ports to no use. At the end of our tether! 

Connecting wirelessly, wired is not an option. 

0 Kudos
SaraP26
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you resolved this ? I have the exact same problem. Spent hours on it and at the end of my tether.
0 Kudos