Menu
LewisLUFC1919
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One servers

Hi, for some reason I do not know, my broadband connection keeps kicking me out of lobbies and servers on my Xbox One, in particular Black Ops 3, but is known to do the same with others. Every time this happens, I do check on my phone it isn't the broadband, which is always the case, which does make me wonder why Virgin won't let me play my Xbox? These are obviously very expensive consoles & it's infuriating when you can't play them. Please can somebody give me some pointers on how to fix this situation?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One servers

Hi LewisLUFC1919

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having getting kicked out of lobbies, that sounds frustrating. Everything looks ok when checking your connection, I can't see anything that should affect you when playing online.

Are you connected wired or wireless?

Have you tried opening any ports required for BO3?

Speak soon  

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ty_S wrote:

Hi LewisLUFC1919

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having getting kicked out of lobbies, that sounds frustrating. Everything looks ok when checking your connection, I can't see anything that should affect you when playing online.

Are you connected wired or wireless?

Have you tried opening any ports required for BO3?

Speak soon  

Im also having this problem on a wireless connection,Ive tried setting a static IP and opening all the ports required for xbox and call of duty,putting the console in the DMZ and also changing the wireless radio settings but it still happens.I dont have any connection problems on my phone or laptop either.

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

take a look at opening the ports from the link on my signature.

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1e8bSs3
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1dCNLm0
xBox Support: http://bit.ly/1lE2QrK
Xbox One operating system versions and system updates: http://bit.ly/1NiJS1j

www.twitch.tv/familycreations

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Doesnt work,I opened all the ports in the link aswell as the port cod uses and it still didnt work

0 Kudos
LewisLUFC1919
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

I had an Xbox 360 up until Christmas where I upgraded to Xbox One, I had no previous problems with 360 and they've been non-stop ever since I got the One. My brother also has an Xbox One, he is just next door upstairs and has no problems whatsoever, so I just can't understand why I'm having to suffer. I join games, I may get one completed if I'm lucky, then I'm kicked off the servers, but have no issues reconnecting, it's just mind baffling. 

I am using a wireless connection, always have done. A Virgin Media rep on the phone said to try connecting wired but that really isn't possible with the Super Hub in the hallway (It's only possible place in the house). I have changed the port forwarding rules in the past, but I removed them because they made no difference. I've contacted Virgin everyday for a week but I just get the impression they couldn't care less and have ran out of ideas what to do. Can you please suggest something as I'm pulling my hair out now, especially as we have just upgraded our package for extra money and no help is being provided. 

Hope to speak soon. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LewisLUFC1919

Thanks for getting back to us and providing a bit more info. There are lots of factors that can interfere with a wireless connection so for any sort of stability when playing online I would recommend using a wired connection. If distance is the issue you can use accessories such as powerline adaptors to get around it. I've also included a link here with some advice on improving the wireless connection to see if this helps at all.

Let us know how you get on. 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos