Menu
MattOmalleyX1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One irratic connection

Hi, Im having difficulties maintaining a stable connection whilst playing online matches on my xbox one. I have tried all the next steps wireless and hard wired. Right ok so I have set a static IP on my xbox one, worked for a short amount of time, I have added said IP to the DMZ (this was instead of disabling the firewall or opening ports) I have done a gard reset of the router and a factory set of the router. The connection isnt an issue generally I am getting around the 50mbps and the ping is good but it does drop out every 30 mins or so for 5 or 10mins and then kicks back in. I thought this could be something to do with a possible surge in power but no. I changed sockets and put it on a surge connector. I have the superhub 3.0 but I then tried a nights gaming at a friends who has a superhub 2.0 and had no issues. I have come to terms that it seems to be a fault in the router. Would it be possible to exchange it for a superhub 2.0? I am not bothered if it is a refurbished model I just want it sorted asap.

Thanks, Matt
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One irratic connection

Hi MattOmalleyX1, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the downstream power levels seem to be a little on the high side. I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos