Menu
Mikeyt47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One disconnecting constantly from COD Advanced Warfare

My son is constantly getting disconnected when on xbox live playing Call of Duty AW on his new xbox one which is connected via wifi. We have a super hub 2 and also connected via wifi are 3 xbox 360's, 3 laptops, 2 huddles, 1 iPad, 5 mobile phones & a smart tv and all are completely fine. Xbox live is also fine on all the xbox 360's. Our problem seems to mirror many problems currently being reported on this forum. We have changed the NAT to open but it keeps reverting to strict. We have changed the 5g signal to 54 mps but has made no difference. Given how much we pay VM each month for their service we do not see why we should have to pay for a separate router that may not solve the problem and want to know how / when VM are going to fix this issue. VM's response is awaited with interest.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One disconnecting constantly from COD Advanced Warfare

Hi Mikey47

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that your son is experiencing with the Xbox one connection while playing COD. Great to hear that the other devices are connected with no issues.

Everything on the hub is looking ok with no problems showing with your connection. Do you still experience these disconnections over a wired connection?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mikeyt47
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The xbox is in my son's bedroom and hub is in our lounge so a wired connection is not really  practical.

How else can this situation be fixed as we have a very upset 12year old who saved up for a long time to buy the xbox one himself and now can't play it properly.

Others on the forum are suggesting that a super hub 2ac is required. What difference would this make and how do we get one?

look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried setting up a static IP address for the xbone and putting it in DMZ? that might help. If not, I'd recommend buying a half decent router and running the superhub in modem mode. Ps. Is it a superhub 2? If it is, the latest firmware has caused problems with gaming. They're apparently working on a fix.
0 Kudos