Menu
DazTheFish
Tuning in
Message 1 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One and Superhub 2 Online Kicking Issues - FIFA & COD

Hi,

I'm having a major issue being able to complete a game of FIFA or COD online without being kicked from the game. I would say I get disconnected from approx. 80% of games. I've come to the conclusion that the issue lies with the Superhub 2 Wireless connection and VM need to look into it.

Here is what I've done so far with no luck

Wireless connection both 2G & 5G

IP Sec enabled

All relevant ports forwarded

IP put into DMZ

Fully Open NAT

Even got Microsoft to send me a new Xbox One console and get the same issue!

Some other info and thoughts

I've wired the xbox to the router direct and the issue disappears (however this isn't a long term solution due to the locality of the router and console)

I've turned the Superhub 2 into a modem and connected a standard router and the issue disappears.

None of my other devices have an issue with disconnections

All of my troubleshooting has led me to believe the issue is with the SH2 and the wireless firmware.

From reading through the forum it seems I'm not the only one having this issue. It feels I have a £400 brick sitting on my shelf at the moment because of incompatibility with VM.

Is anyone else having this issue or have any other solution for me to try?

Have VM acknowledged this issue and are working on a fix?

Cheers

Tags (3)

Helpful Answers
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 150 of 234
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox One and Superhub 2 Online Kicking Issues - FIFA & COD

Hi Everyone, I hope this helps.

I've had this same issue for over a year now, and haven't seen one fix for it. That's because being brutally honest there really isn't a straight up fix and the problem seems to vary between each different case. therefore its hard to give a fix for everyone. I've spent countless hours over the phone and on the laptop with Virgin Media and no one knows really what's going on so tempers get heated.

Although the fault is not with one company or the other. Its actually a little bit with both. Xbox One seems to have optimised their console for American ISP's such as Optimum etc. More issues seem to persist in the UK because Xbox haven't made the effort to make their new "next gen" console compatible with Virgin Media Routers, to be honest Virgin Media isn't the only company having issues with the Xbox One. Other Internet Service Providers such as BT are having problems with Online Gaming on Xbox One and one of my closes friends uses Sky broadband and lags all over the place when we are playing battlefield games its horrible and he despises Sky's internet service.

Although I am not saying Virgins noses are clean because myself, along with so many other users have bad experiences with the "Super Hub 2" and I personally think that its a pretty terrible router but it is definitely better than that farty little Super Hub 1. Virgin should ensure that all of their equipment is compatible with the majority of modern day devices, especially gaming consoles. In my experience the best router ever was the old netgear router that Virgin had before the first Super Hub, I had this hooked up to three Xbox 360's and My Xbox One and still managed an Open Nat on all devices, even though I was only on a 20mb package. I wanted to keep the router hooked up but it doesn't support the 152mb package because it is essentially too much for the device to handle.

The only way that issues like these will be resolved permanently is if either Microsoft release a new version of the Xbox One such as a slim model with better wireless and wired connection capabilities that is compatible with all networks and all regions. Or. Virgin Media release a new router that is better compatible with modern devices such as Xbox One. I'd prefer Virgin to release a new router because as I mentioned earlier the Super Hub 2 isn't that great, it would also be more cost efficient to customers. Rather than paying £400 for a new Xbox they could just pay £50-100 for a new router, which (If it fixed all the problems such as Nat Type etc.) I would be more than happy to pay, even with all the false info I've been baffled with. Or they could just give them free to everyone that is experiencing issues.

As for making it a little bit better, I found that the best way to help was to either buy Powerline Adapters or to go Wired. I payed £17.50 for some TP Link AV500 Powerline Adapters from Currys-PC World and they certainly improved the situation in terms of speed, but I was still getting booted from games so then I decided to go with the option of using a wired connection to my Xbox One and this has helped a lot but certainly not all of my problems. My speeds are absolutely amazing when using wired and can't credit Virgin enough for this, going wired also solved my issue of being kicked from every Call of Duty Advanced Warfare/Ghosts multiplayer match that I joined. I now don't get kicked at all. There is still the Nat errors that persist on both mine and my dads console but I just try to ignore these because there is no known fix at all for this, just a load of dead ends until the companies sort it out.

A wired connection is not an option for a lot of people and it wasn't an option for me, but after all the stress just decided to go for it to make life easier. If you still can't use wired, then I would suggest buying some Powerline Adapters being as they helped me a little bit. These adapters do not work in every house so double check before you buy.

There is still some hope for Wireless as some people have stated that changing settings on their router have worked, so do at least give it a shot. I hope that this post has been informative and pray that it has helped some users and to get the point across that something desperately needs to be done. I'm calling you out Sir Richard Branson, Stop trying to travel to outer space and do important things like manufacture a good router. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Hello DazTheFish

Thanks for the post and the good diagnostics. I have passed this on to our firmware team to take a little look. 

Will try to get back soon

Thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Benthediabetic
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as Daz the Fish. Have been on the phone with virgin complaints and the operator advised that 'Virgin Media' don't see there being a problem as they haven't had enough users commenting about it. This is despite the fact a quick google search will tell you that this is not an uncommon issue. I have posted a few links to other forums that support this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/xbox-one-and-superhub-2-please-please-help/t...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-14/Xbox-One-Fifa-14-Ultimate-team-disconnects-when-playing/m-p/2194009

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4267/p/1668300/4400643.aspx

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/xbox-one-live-kicking-me-out-every-game-I-have/td-p/20859...

These are just a few of many examples of users having the SAME problem. Not sure if this is related but Comcast in America were having compatibility issues with their router and the xbox one due to ipv6.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-working-with-comcast-on-xbox-one-wi-fi-issue/1100-6416925...

It would be good to get some sort of answer or at least an acknowledgement from Virgin rather than them denying there is a problem when there clearly is

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Hello DazTheFish and all,

Thank you for waiting

Would you try the following for us please?

1. Factory reset the hub

2. Login and Enable IPsec pass through

Apart from that please don't touch any other configuration as the relevant ports should be handled by UPnP

If you still have the issue with the wireless try again wired.

Please let us know how it goes and thanks for your help

@Benthediabetic thanks for the extra info

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Cobblepop
Tuning in
Message 5 of 234
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP. I've tried everything suggested, including the advice from Nicola and nothing has worked, I still disconnect from the servers mid-game.

The thing that puzzles me most is until three days ago everything was working perfectly. All of a sudden I find myself in a position where I can find no solution to this inexplicable problem.

After spending a considerable amount of time looking for a solution I'm quickly losing hope and would appreciate any help anyone could give.

0 Kudos
Stidsy
Joining in
Message 6 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Was having the same issues

Only solution was for me to put SH2 into modem mode and and use a second router with some network plugs

Now all works ok but to be honest I just want it to work with the SH2 only 

Stids

0 Kudos
Keysmesh
Tuning in
Message 7 of 234
Flag for a moderator

It is obviously an issue with the super hub, I'm having the same trouble and have been flogged from virgin to microsoft then virgin then Microsoft. Nobody seems to take responsibility but I had a super hub 1 before and only changed over as I was offered the new one. 

It's complete incompetence on virgins side as they don't seem to have a concrete answer, super hub 2 is not fit for purpose so back to the old age and super hub 1! As for the super hub 2, that's going in the bin!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Keysmesh wrote:

It's complete incompetence on virgins side as they don't seem to have a concrete answer, super hub 2 is not fit for purpose so back to the old age and super hub 1! As for the super hub 2, that's going in the bin!!

Expect a big bill then...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
aidy06
Tuning in
Message 9 of 234
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same issues, swapped to a wired connection which I know isn't ideal for some but it fixed my problem. I haven't been kicked since, when wireless I was getting kicked over 10 times a day easily.

0 Kudos
Benthediabetic
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 234
Flag for a moderator

I've emailed a complaint to Virgin as we are not getting anywhere on this forum. I think it would help if everyone affected did the same
0 Kudos