Menu
scootc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One and SuperHub 3

I've just tried connecting my Xbox One to my Superhub 3 via an ethernet cable for what I thought was meant to be a much more 'stable' connection.

However, my Xbox one keeps saying unable to connect to Xbox Live and 'DNS is not resolving Xbox server names'. I have tried to research this but so far not getting anywhere and the help I have found is for the old superhubs.

Wirelessly, everything works just fine but as soon as I wire it with an ethernet, it just seems that the signal keeps dropping off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One & SuperHub 3

Hey there scootc,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your hard-wired connection. Have you tested this cable with another device? Or have your tested your Xbox with another cable? If you don't have another cable, let me know and I'll send one to you. The hard-wired connection should be better than the wireless.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Taylus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

since moving over to the Superhub 3 and paying the extra for vivid gaming I am experiencing exactly the same problem with the wired connection . I have upgraded to a Cat6 gold Ethernet lead and this has not helped . I play for about 20 mins no problems then experience issues as post above describes ,I had no issues with the Superhub AC2 . I have seen many posts along the same lines without much help from virgin to be honest . I will probably end up putting the AC2 back in , is this compatible with the vivid 200 gaming? or could I use the Superhub 3 in mode mode and connect the Superhub AC2 as router ?

Not too impressed to be honest with the Superhub 3

Regards

Taylus

0 Kudos
Robertdundee
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I just downgraded to the superhub 2ac after months and a very heated 90min call to virgin media. The engineer that came out more or less confirmed what I already suspected. The hub3 isn't suitable for gaming. Which is baffling considering it comes with the gamer package. This may be fixed in due course but until then I'd downgrade to the far more reliable and tuneable 2ac. Even if it means reducing your upload speed.
0 Kudos